Code of Ethics for GovernmentJobsInKarnataka.com (GJIK)
Purpose: GovernmentJobsInKarnataka.com is committed to upholding the highest ethical standards in all its affairs. This Code of Ethics outlines guidelines for associates to conduct business with integrity, adhere to applicable laws, and avoid conflicts of interest. The code also extends to the responsible use of social media and emphasizes the importance of avoiding plagiarism.
Gifts, Favors, and Payments:
- Associates may provide gifts, favors, and payments at the company’s expense if they align with accepted business practices, are of limited value, comply with laws, and won’t embarrass the company upon public disclosure.
- Payments, commissions, or compensation to associates of customers not required by written contract are against company policy.
Gifts, Favors, Entertainment, and Payments Received:
- Associates should not seek or accept gifts, favors, entertainment, or payments without a legitimate business purpose. Exceptions include common courtesies associated with business practices, small-value gifts, and event tickets with vendor accompaniment.
- Strict standards apply to gifts from suppliers, and day outings require prior approval.
Conflicts of Interest: Associates should avoid situations conflicting with the company’s interests. Disclosure of potential conflicts, such as significant ownership in a competing enterprise, is mandatory. Approval for exceptions can be obtained from the Chief Executive Officer.
Confidential Information: The unauthorized use or disclosure of confidential information is strictly prohibited. Mishandling of personnel information may result in disciplinary action, including immediate discharge.
Compliance: Violations of this policy may lead to administrative disciplinary action or immediate discharge. Reporting any policy violations promptly is essential, and each company officer is responsible for compliance in their area.
Social Media Guidelines:
- Use good judgment and recognize the public nature of social media posts.
- Be aware of and comply with company policies. Inappropriate postings may result in disciplinary action.
- You are personally responsible for your posts, and the company disclaims liability for any errors or damages.
- When posting about the company, identify yourself as an employee, and clarify that your views are personal.
- Be respectful, professional, and avoid offensive or harassing content.
- Be honest and accurate, correct mistakes promptly, and respect laws and confidentiality.
- Report concerns about policy violations without fear of retaliation.
Plagiarism: GovernmentJobsInKarnataka.com has a strict policy against plagiarism. Reporters must provide a fair representation of all sides of a story and allow individuals the opportunity to respond to negative accusations in detail.
By adhering to this Code of Ethics, associates contribute to a workplace that values integrity, professionalism, and fairness.